Sports Funding Information
PE and Sport Premium
The P.E. and Sport Premium is a grant designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the P.E. and sport activities they offer their children.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of P.E. and sport in schools.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means schools should use the premium to:
- * develop or add to the P.E. and sport activities that the school already offers
- * make improvements now that will benefit children joining the school in future years
Examples of ways to spend the funding:
- * hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- * provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach P.E. and sport more effectively
- * introduce new sports or activities and encourage more children to take up sport
- * support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- * run sport competitions
- * run sports activities with other schools